Custom Made Mascots
So you are thinking of having a mascot made but do not know where to start ? No problem. Theatreland can help you design and develop your mascot from conception to completion. Theatreland offers a high quality custom mascot design and development service. Our art department can assist you in taking your mascot vision from conception to a complete custom designed mascot costume. Our very experienced design team will select the best materials and fabrics to ensure a quality and durable end product
It Starts With The Design.
Before developing a mascot we must have a good design. Without this we have nothing to work with. A good design will result in a good mascot that will continue to represent your brand for many years. A poor design is quite the opposite. If you already have a design then we can start with the development process. If not, we must work together to design your unique character. Theatreland has an in-house art & animation department to assist you in this.
The following Top 10 points must be taken into account when designing a mascot.
1. What is the mascot to be used for? Typical options are: Meet & Greet, Walk & Wave, Dance & Performance
2. How many mascots are required. This can impact the development process and save on end costs per unit.
3. Ventilation and comfort. The mascot must be practical for the wearer. Consider optional cooling systems.
4. Vision. Safety is very important.
5. Transport and Storage. How will the mascot be transported. This impacts on size and storage.
6. Branding. How much branding and where. Artwork for branding.
7. Dress Code: How is the mascot to be dressed. Optional accessories etc
8. Colors - What Company Colors and Fabrics to be used
9. Cleaning - How to keep the mascot clean and in good condition
10. Animatronics - Do you require moving eyes, mouths, ears or other special effects.
Once a conceptual idea of the mascot has been agreed, our artists will start the process of adding color, branding and characteristics to the design to show how the final mascot will look. We will also do a human overlay to check the vision, location of arms, legs etc to confirm practicality and safety. Once you have approved the design, we can accurately quote for the mascot(s). Once accepted the development process can begin.
Please take a look at our ‘BEFORE & AFTER’ examples to see how important a good design is. Note how the final product replicates the design.
Once your design has been approved we will send you a quotation. On acceptance of the quotation and payment of a 50% deposit your order will be placed in the next available slot in our production schedule. We will give you an estimated date for delivery which is usually three to six weeks from start of manufacture. If your requirement is very urgent we will do our best to accommodate your deadline but also offer a 'Priority' fast track option at an extra cost.
The process to manufacture includes final design, making a prototype to ensure comfort and fit, sculpting original components and making molds, casting molds, pattern design, assembly and characterization. Samples of the materials and colors will be given to you for approval and you must supply us with the artwork for branding where appropriate.
After completion of the mascot(s) everything is tried on to verify that all is correct as per the approved designs. Any adjustments are made during this process. Photographs are taken and sent to you for final approvals.
The Final Touch
At Theatreland we offer various options to make your mascot experience more enjoyable for the wearer. Our fan assisted cooling system is a must in our hot African climate and the Cooling Vest very popular. A padded Tote Bag or hard flight case will ensure that your investment is transported and stored safely.